Applications have opened for two grant programs for community groups across the Wills electorate, with $300,000 available across the Stronger Communities Grants Programme and Communities Environment Program.
STRONGER COMMUNITIES PROGRAMME
There is $150,000 of funding available for organisations in Wills in the form of grants between $2,500 and $20,000 to eligible community groups and organisations for capital projects that deliver social good.
To be eligible for funding an applicant must:
- be a community based not-for-profit organisation in its own right and not owned by a state or territory government; or
- be a local governing body; and
- A legal entity with a current Australian Business Number (ABN).
The project must be located in the Wills Electorate. Applicants must be able to demonstrate matched funding for the project, in cash or in-kind. A local selection panel will be prioritising projects of lasting and real benefit to the applicant organisation.
Expressions of interest are now open and close at 5pm on Friday the 13th of September 2019.
You can fill out an expression of interest form here: https://peterkhalil.wufoo.com/forms/m1hmpuhb1lvgpnw/
More information: https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/stronger-communities-programme
COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT GRANTS
This grant stream will support small scale, community-led environment projects that address local environmental priorities in the electorate of Wills. Grants from $2,500 to $20,000 are available from the $150,000 fund to support local groups deliver positive environmental and social outcomes.
Successful grants will support projects such as:
- Reducing the impact of invasive weeds, pest animals and diseases on the environment'
- Installation of infrastructure to manage access to sensitive natural habitats
- Litter clean-up events, marine debris collection or litter management infrastructure
- Community-based initiatives to repair, share, re-use or recycle products
More information: https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/communities-environment-program